Water damage is a terrible thing to go through; however, it helps to know that Plumbers FL Services will be there quickly and efficiently when needed. Christian and Carlos make a great team. They are friendly, polite, and hard working. They are a credit to the Plumbers FL, and I’m glad they were here to help me. Thank you Christian and Carlos and the Plumbers FL crew. I always call Plumbers FL, and recommend their services to neighbors and friends. Thank you.
We have used Plumbers Florida many times in the past. The technicians are always pleasant, professional and do outstanding work. Our last experience was with William who went above and beyond our expectations. His communication skills and advise were spot on. As well as just a really, really nice man!!!
This Old House plumbing and heating contractor Richard Trethewey shows how to replace a standard hose faucet with a freeze-resistant model. See below for a shopping list and tools.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
How to Install a Frost-Proof Faucet with PEX Piping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5kxToxiVC8&index=63&list=PLkJADc1qDrr_0NxtmzECiOWkr5de82kXV
Shopping List for How to Install a Frost-Proof Faucet:
– frost-proof sillcock
– copper tubing and assorted fittings
– emery cloth, used to clean outside of pipe ends prior to soldering
– lead-free solder
– silicone caulk, for creating a watertight seal between sillcock and wall
– carbide-tipped masonry drill bit, for drilling screw-anchor holes into masonry wall
– plastic wall anchors, for securing new sillcock to masonry wall
– stainless steel screws”, used to attach new sillcock to wall
Tools for How to Install a Frost-Proof Faucet:
– propane torch
– tubing cutter, used to cut copper tubing
– adjustable wrench, used to remove the stem assembly from the sillcock
– caulking gun
Follow This Old House: