Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-backsplash-rainwater-feature
Ask This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey demonstrates a wireless detector that can shut off the water in case of a flood.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Cost: 00 per kit
Skill Level: Moderate
Tools List for Preventing Plumbing Leaks:
Wireless flood detector kit
Variety of fittings
1. Shut off the water supply at the main shut off valve.
2. Using the pipe cutter, cut into the pipe close to the water main.
3. Install the automatic valve and connect to it using the appropriate fittings based on the style of your water supply piping.
4. Find a good place to place the receiver, close to the automatic shutoff. Connect the automatic shutoff to the receiver.
5. Program the sensors following the instructions included with the kit.
Richard demonstrated the RDT Reliance Wireless Plumbing Leak Protection System (http://reliancedetection.com), which can be purchased through plumbing supply houses.
Expert assistance for this segment was provided by Morris Merchants (http://www.morrismerchants.com).
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Tweets by AskTOH